The 2018 Ocean State Grand Nationals gives you many exciting opportunities to experience sport karate. The event starts on Friday, April 6 and runs through Sunday, April 8, 2018 in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Warwick, Rhode Island.
What you need to know...
1. The event is rated by the North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA) as a World Tour event. You can find out more about NASKA at www.naska.com
2. The event is a WKC qualifier for Team USA. If you place in the top 4 in any black belt division, you qualify to try out to represent Team USA in the WKC World Championships in Dublin, Ireland in October, 2018.
3. The event is also rated by the KRANE circuit as a 5A+ event. It is also rated by NMAC.
4. Online Registration for the event is open and you can register or purchase spectator tickets at www.oceanstategrandnational.net
5. You can book your room at the official event hotel - the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Warwick - you can book your room online for the hotel by using this link: https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/warwick/wrwri/hoteldetail?qAdlt=1&qBrs=6c.hi.ex.rs.ic.cp.in.sb.cw.cv.ul.vn.ki.sp.nd.ct&qChld=0&qFRA=1&qGRM=0&qGrpCd=OSK&qIta=99801505&qPSt=0&qRRSrt=rt&qRef=df&qRms=1&qRpn=1&qRpp=20&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qSrt=sBR&qWch=0&srb_u=1&icdv=99801505&setPMCookies=true
6. The event always has a special guest and this year it is multiple guests. The event will host a reunion of stars from the 90s hit show WMAC Masters. You can Meet the Masters as part of your Ocean State Grand Nationals experience.
7. Live streaming and coverage from the event is provided by SportMartialArts.com. If you have an SMA Network Pass, you will be able to see streaming from the Friday and Saturday black belt eliminations, run offs and finals on www.SMA-Tv.com. Select divisions and competition will also be broadcast on Facebook by SportMartialArts.com
Who can participate...
The 2018 Ocean State Grand Nationals is an open sport karate event. This means that anyone who participates in the martial arts and is interested in competing is welcome to compete in the event. You do not need to be part of a club or qualify to compete in the event. We encourage you to review the rules for competition found at www.naska.com to be sure you understand the requirements for the divisions.
Welcome Message from the event promoters
It gives us great pleasure to invite you, your family, and students to the Ocean State Grand Nationals. This year's event will be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel with the Spectacular Nighttime Extravaganza being held in the Grand Ballroom at the Crowne Plaza in Warwick, Rhode Island.
We are excited to announce being part of the North American Sport Karate Association (NASKA) World Tour, once again. With this year’s World Tour event being KRANE Rated "AAAAA+" and NASKA AAAAA, this year’s event is sure to be the best ever. We are looking forward to seeing you in beautiful Warwick, Rhode Island. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (401) 737-2809.